Spec Form API
This guide is intended to show you how to get started with the service and describes the methods and Widgets currently available in the API. Methods and Widgets are frequently added to the library.
- To access Advanced Scripting, your administration user must be enabled with appropriate permissions. To enable your user, contact Four51.
- To access the Advanced Scripting interface, do the following.
- Log on to your Four51 administration interface.
- Navigate to a variable product.
- Select the Spec Form link in the left-hand navigation.
Four51 Spec Form Validators are extended validation controls for specific input requirements. Every validators can be defined to fire on one of two events: onblur, onsubmit. Controls for displaying validation errors is built into each validators. The event can be overridden and controlled separately if desired. It is recommended that you do not override onSuccess or onError unless absolutely necessary. All validators have identical options exposed. By default, when validation fails a red exclamation point image is displays with mouse over error message and the control's background property is changed to pink. On success these errors are cleared. When the action is defined as "onBlur" the error is marked next to the control, however the form is still allowed to submit.